Monday, June 7, 2010

June Reflections

Ahh... Early June.

For some reason, known perhaps to the universe but not to me, it seems to be a time of personal reflection. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all about reflection. I wouldn't want to give anyone the impression that I am shallow, but reflection should be more of the nature of "should I order the cheese cake for desert, or the flan?" That is good reflection. Taking an inventory of ones life can be somewhat depressing if you're comfortably into midlife and are not anywhere near where you thought you would be. Now truth be told, my life is pretty darn good. No I'm not rich, but I have great friends, a job I like. Kids who, for lack of any good judgment seem to like me(yeah, I'm pretty lucky that way). I guess it's some of the little things that I'd like to change. When i realized that, it came as somewhat of a relief. True, life is not where I thought it would be. It is however still pretty good. It's easy to change little things, one thing at a time. So in my life that can seem somewhat stagnate at times, I have resolved to work on little things. I have started a gratitude journal, because sometimes I loose sight of all that I have to be grateful for. Today, I had my first piano lesson. Not taught my an experienced teacher yet, but defiantly by someone who knows more than me. I picked up a pencil and started to draw again, and I have a list of things that I want to do. If I look ahead to the me of 10 years from now, I would like him to be calmer and more in touch with.... everything, and he will be if I today, step out of the rat race, and get in touch with me.

Now on to the next thing that I learned. I am what you would call.... lets see... Big Boned? A Portly fellow? Stalky(no idea how to spell that one, sorry). You get the picture, I'm not a small guy. So I'm always looking for my next diet to try for a couple of weeks before crashing the MacDonalds drive through and ordering everything off the menu to catch up on lost time. So I heard of the RAW diet. People seem to like it, so I do some research into it. First of all RAW does NOT stand for RoastBeef And Whatever..(yeah I was surprised by that too) It means RAW like uncooked. Tell me more I told my browser. 75% of the food eaten can't be cooked at a temp. hotter that 116 degrees.. Fahrenheit. First of all, if you cooked chicken at 116 degrees.... it would take DAYS to cook, so I think the point is.. If you live long enough for your food to be cooked... you will have lost weight. If not, well then you won't have to worry about it anymore.
All I have to say about that is.... I wonder if they would put bacon on my Quarter Pounder..

Or maybe that's just me.....

Peace Kiddies



No comments:

Post a Comment