Saturday, June 12, 2010

Some people got "It", and I definitely DON'T

Before I start, an small rant like question. Why on earth to they make the wires to those little earbuds that we use in our Ipods 5 freakin' feet long? I mean are people sticking their MP3 players in their socks when they go out jogging? Is an Ipod so large that you leave it on the desk when you walk to the fridge for a drink? If it were any longer you could leave your Ipod on the kitchen table while you listen to music mowing the lawn....Why do i care? Read on dear reader read on......
Some people ooze of coolness. You sometimes find these people in moments when you are anything but cool. Take last night for instance. I was waiting at the bus stop, jammin' to the mellow docile sounds of ACDC on my mp3 player, when the bus arrives. I take out my ear buds, board the bus and say a friendly hello to the bus driver as I give him my ticket. Those were pretty much my last few seconds of being cool for the evening. What happened next was I started to walk up to a seat. An invisible bump appeared right in front of this visually impaired gentleman(Who, shall for the purposes of this story be referred to as the Blind Dude). I know the bump was there because I tripped over it. Fortunately my ninja like reflexes came into play and I managed to save myself from the dreaded "face plant". I stood up, gathered what was left of my dignity and started to walk again(really I should have just left, called in sick and stayed home)to my seat. I was stopped abruptly when, unbeknownst to me, my ear bud cord, which had somehow wrapped itself around the neck of Blind Dudes seeing eye dog practically decapitated the poor little guy. The dog true to form, didn't even flinch. I apologized profusely, when Blind dude says to me "If you are talking to me, I don't know what you did, but I'm sure it's OK".
I said,"Thanx Man, you win my "Awesome Person of the Day"award". he comes back with"Oh? I don't have one of those yet, will it be coming in the mail?", I told him that it would indeed, but it would take 6-8 business days. We both start laughing, I find my seat, and what should have been the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me in a year, turned out to be a pretty funny memory.

Thank you Blind Dude on the bus, You make it look easy. May we all show such moments of coolness when our turn comes :-)

Peace Kiddies

No comments:

Post a Comment